Sunday, August 19, 2007

Removing axles and t-shooting lights

Today I went back up to Tilton for a few hours to remove the axles from the the camper. Soon after posting on the AS forums last week, I realized that new axles were necessary for my future 8 hour road trip home to Pa. Removing the axles was a cake walk, however the lights were not quite as easy. It took me 20 minutes +/- to get the axles off and into the truck. I chased problems with the wiring and lights for near 3 hours. I believe that I have everything figured out at this point and next week I should be able to put the lights issue behind me.

One more fun thing. The guy who sold me the camper told me that he was going to have keys made for the access panels and doors. He failed to do so. I spent a good hour with a screwdriver and some dental tools picking the 3 locked compartments. Successful, yes, but tedious.

I also inspected the back corners of the camper to see if the rear end sag is too much for the trip. I noticed a tiny bit of rot from the outside, but from inside the rear compartment, the floor looks and feels solid.

I am excited to get back up there next weekend to finish up the lights and get rolling on the windows.








No comments: